Transitions are, almost by definition, anxiety-producing. They require us to move from a state of the known to the unknown – a movement that can often evoke fear, undermine our self-esteem, and become paralyzing. Unfortunately, particularly when faced with career transitions, those who question their self-sufficiency, awareness and supports to move into the unknown may miss out on opportunities to advance their personal passions, professional goals, and quality of life.
At Endeavor Psychology, our approach focuses on helping clients:
- identify and articulate their personal and professional goals;
- understand the thoughts, beliefs, feelings and behaviors that can advance or undermine their movement toward those goals;
- develop healthy behaviors, personal strategies and support systems they need to adapt to, pursue and seize opportunities presented by career transitions.
How can Endeavor Psychology help me navigate career transitions?
Whether you are just finishing a degree and entering a challenging job market, starting a new position, or considering a career change – it is common to experience anxiety. Unfortunately, we also frequently hold ourselves back in the face of professional change and/or opportunity due to:
- A desire to cling to the certainty of routine and the stability of one’s current position
- Anxiety about taking “risks,” – even those that are calculated
- Fear of failure and/or success
- Concern with being judged not capable enough to seize an opportunity, advance a goal, achieve success
At Endeavor Psychology, therapy is tailored to the client’s specific needs and transitions they are facing. We use therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy to help you:
- Identify personal and professional goals related to career transitions and work/life balance;
- Understand the thoughts and feelings you experience as a result of career transitions;
- Disempower negative thoughts that may cause feelings of anxiety, helplessness, unhappiness and that may diminish your ability to achieve your goals;
- Implement strategies and leverage your resources to advance your personal, professional and work/life goals.
If you or someone you care about is facing a career transition and would benefit from professional support and guidance, please contact us for a consultation.