About Endeavor Psychology
Endeavor Psychology is a private clinical psychology practice in Back Bay, Boston focused on helping adults and older adolescents:
- Navigate life transitions, challenges and relationships
- Address anxiety, depression, mood disorders, insomnia and other mental health needs
- Manage chronic health issues (diabetes, cardiac disease, stress-based illnesses and other conditions)
- Implement healthy lifestyle changes and preventative health behaviors including stress management, weight management and smoking cessation
- Adjust to and cope with challenges related to physical injury, illness and caregiving
About the Director, Dr. Brad Spickard
Dr. Brad Spickard, Director of Endeavor Psychology, began his career working in acute inpatient and outpatient physical therapy hospitals as an exercise physiologist. Over nearly a decade of working with clients and medical providers, Dr. Spickard developed a deep appreciation of the close connections between physical and mental health and the challenges facing patients and their families.
Based on an intimate understanding of the needs, struggles and impacts that health transitions can trigger, Dr. Spickard chose to study physical health challenges from the psychological perspective. After receiving his doctorate in clinical psychology from Ohio University, Dr. Spickard further developed his specialization in health psychology through extensive training at the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Center in Nova Scotia.
Since moving to Boston, Dr. Spickard has worked extensively with clients and medical providers in the New England region. The therapeutic approach at Endeavor Psychology draws strongly on Dr. Spickard’s experiences working as a health psychologist at Newton-Wellesley Psychiatry and as the Director of Behavioral Medicine at the Derry Medical Center in Derry, New Hampshire.
At Endeavor, we utilize an integrative model of psychotherapy that includes a patient-focused and interactive therapeutic approach with primary emphases on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Interpersonal Therapy. We leverage the strengths of individuals and their support networks in order to provide effective therapeutic interventions and facilitate change.